Owls’ academy goalkeeper Joe Wildsmith has been named in ‘The 11’ by League Football Education (LFE).
Wildsmith is listed alongside ten teenage academy players from across the country as part of LFE’s new national competition ‘The 11’.
The 17-year-old Sheffield product signed his first professional contract with Wednesday in November penning a two and a half year deal.
‘The 11’ recognises the football and academic progress of apprentice players, while taking into account other factors such as involvement in charity or community initiatives and is judged by LFE’s team of regional officers.
The initiative was set-up in October to replace the Apprentice of the Month and December’s 11 is:
• Oliver McBurnie (Bradford City)
• Ryan Richefond (Crawley Town)
• Sam Dryden (Derby County)
• Matt Jay (Exeter City)
• Brad Walker (Hartlepool United)
• Joe Robinson (Ipswich Town).
• Jordan Bove (Oldham Athletic)
• Nathan Smith (Port Vale)
• Joe Wildsmith (Sheffield Wednesday)
• Amadou Bakayoko (Walsall)
• Daniel Pearse (AFC Wimbledon)
For in depth profiles on all of the players named in ‘The 11’ please visit the LFE website.