Wednesday v Barnsley
Sky Bet Championship
1 February 2014
Wednesday are expecting one of the highest gates of the season so far as tickets have been selling extremely well for all areas of the ground.
As is customary for well-attended fixtures, supporters are advised to purchase tickets in advance to secure the best remaining seats.
Keep up with the action by..
- Listening live from The Den with full match commentary on Wednesday Player.
- Visiting swfc.co.uk for all the news, views and reaction from the Championship clash.
- Following the Owls’ official Twitter account @swfc and have your say using the #swfcLIVE hashtag!
- Getting involved on the official SWFC Facebook page ('like' our page today!)
- Checking out the latest video additions on the club’s official YouTube channel and it's free to subscribe!
- Listening to the latest audio bulletins on the SWFC Audioboo channel.
Owls: Loan striker Benik Afobe is in line to make his debut on Saturday.
The 20-year-old has joined Wednesday on loan until the end of the season from Premier League side Arsenal.
Joe Mattock is available having served the one-match ban for his red card at Rochdale in the FA Cup fourth round.
But Giles Coke will be sidelined for three matches having been dismissed at Millwall in midweek.
Barnsley: Goalkeeper Iain Turner is expected to go straight into the squad having signed for Barnsley on a free transfer.
The ex-Owls loanee enjoyed eight years at Everton between 2003 and 2011 but has been without a club since his release from Preston last summer.
Manager Danny Wilson will be without midfielder Kelvin Etuhu (hamstring) but Bobby Hassell (calf), Jacob Mellis (ankle) and striker Marcus Pedersen (hamstring) are all in contention.
New striker in the camp - Benik Afobe
Latest from Sky Bet
Owls to win 1/1
Owls to win 2-0 15/2
1-1 draw 5/1
Atdhe Nuhiu to score the first goal 6/1
Miguel Llera to score inside ten minutes 33/1
26 October 2013
Barnsley 1-1 Owls
(Pedersen 16; Fryatt 59)
Head to head
One to watch – Chris O’Grady
The former Owls frontman is the Reds’ top scorer with ten goals in the Championship this season.
The striker has scored three goals in his last two games – hitting a double against Blackpool in the 2-0 win and scoring the equaliser in the 2-2 draw with Blackburn.