Carlos Carvalhal reported positive news on the injury front with midfield man Alex Lopez back in contention.
The 27-year-old hasn’t featured since last month in the victory over Preston but has returned to full training.
The Celta Vigo loanee could provide more options for the weekend clash at The Valley.
Marco Matias, Modou Sougou and Michael Turner have also been sidelined and the head coach says the international break will come at a good time for the trio.
“Alex is ready now and he is training with the team, no problem,” he said. ”Marco and Sougou are back on the training pitch, this is good.
“Turner will take more time but this period will be good for the players and we need them all.
“People say we have a big squad, no, we have a correct squad.
“The reality is that we have missed four very important players here in a few weeks and we are still doing very well.
“And I remember that Forestieri didn’t play against Arsenal also, so that is five.
“We need all the players back and the break will help with this.”
Wednesday face league strugglers Charlton on Saturday before the international break, after which Carlos believes the squad will come back stronger.
He added: “Each time we have had a break, we have come back better and I believe after this break, we can do better also.”