Skilled Grounds Person
Term: Full Time
Location: Sheffield Wednesday Training Ground, Middlewood Road, Sheffield, S6 1TF
Salary: Competitive dependent on skills
Application closing date: Wednesday 24 May 2017
Sheffield Wednesday FC are recruiting for an energetic and enthusiastic Grounds Person, who has a determined, flexible and positive attitude, to complement our existing team at our Training Ground for an immediate start. The successful candidate will be required to assist in the maintenance of pitches and associated areas/facilities at the club’s training ground site to a professional standard. Work at the main stadium will also be required on an ad-hoc basis.
Alongside the skills and abilities summarised below, it is essential the candidate is able to work unsupervised and is keen to make a positive contribution to the club.
• NVQ2 or NVQ3 or other recognised equivalent qualification in Horticulture/Turf Maintenance or qualified by relevant experience
• Two years’ minimum experience within sports turf or horticultural background
• Proven track record for at least two years as an experienced grounds person
• Awards in the Safe use of Pesticides Application Modules PA1, PA2 & PA6
• Experience working with Fibresand & Desso Grassmaster constructions
• Manual Handling Techniques and Awareness Training
Skills & Abilities
• Strong sense of responsibility and teamwork with excellent communication skills and the ability to build rapport with people at all levels
• Effective planning and time management skills
• A valid driving licence is essential
• Ability to work as a team member
• Experience working with football pitches at professional level
• Good knowledge of fertiliser products from various suppliers
• Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team
• Willingness to work outdoors and in all weathers
• A positive attitude
• Flexible approach to meet the nature and demands of the business
• Ability to work under pressure
• Flexibility with working hours required to meet demands of the role, including weekend work and unsociable hours
Only applicants that demonstrate within their application that they meet the above essential criteria will be considered for the role.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to live and work in the UK.
To apply please submit your CV and a covering letter detailing why you feel that you are right for the role, together with an indication of your current and expected salary remuneration from Sheffield Wednesday FC, to: email@example.com