Term: Full time
Department: Ground staff
Location: Sheffield Wednesday, Hillsborough, S6 1SW
Salary: Competitive dependent on skills
Application closing date: Friday 17 November 2017
Sheffield Wednesday are recruiting for an energetic and enthusiastic grounds person, who has a determined, flexible and positive attitude to complement our existing team for an immediate start.
The successful candidate will be required to assist in the maintenance of pitches and associated areas/facilities at the club’s stadium to a professional standard.
Work at the Owls’ Middlewood Road training complex will also be required on an ad-hoc basis.
Alongside the skills and abilities summarised below, it is essential the candidate is able to work unsupervised and is keen to make a positive contribution to the team.
• NVQ2 or NVQ3 (or other recognised equivalent qualification) in horticulture/turf maintenance or qualified by relevant experience.
• Two years’ minimum experience within sports turf or horticultural background
• Proven track record for at least two years as an experienced grounds person
• Awards in the Safe use of Pesticides Application Modules PA1, PA2 & PA6
• Experience working with Fibresand & Desso Grassmaster constructions
• Manual Handling Techniques and Awareness Training
• Experience working with football pitches at professional level
• Knowledge of fertiliser products from various suppliers
• Strong sense of responsibility and teamwork with excellent communication skills
• Effective planning and time management skills
• A valid driving licence
• Ability to work as a team member
• Able to work alone and as part of a team
• Willingness to work in all weather conditions
• Must possess a positive attitude
• Flexible approach to meet the nature and demands of the business
• Flexibility with working hours required to meet the demands of the role, including weekend work and unsociable hours.
Applications that demonstrate the above criteria will be considered for the role. Applicants must also be able to demonstrate they are eligible to live and work in the UK.
To apply, please send you CV and a covering letter, indicating your current salary and desired remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org.