Following the Government’s introduction of Plan B measures for winter, Sheffield Wednesday are communicating this extensive and important document for all supporters regarding League One games at Hillsborough for the immediate future.
COVID-19 Certification is now mandatory for everyone aged 18 and above to gain entry into settings where large crowds gather – including unseated indoor events with 500 or more attendees, unseated outdoor events with 4,000 or more attendees and any event with 10,000 or more attendees.
As a result, supporters will need to be provide evidence of COVID-19 Certification to enter Hillsborough. You should also be prepared for the required changes to our matchday operation to ensure the safest possible environment for yourself and everyone around you.
What counts as COVID-19 certification
You can demonstrate your vaccine status via the NHS COVID Pass on the NHS App or NHS website HERE:
For anyone not double-jabbed, evidence of a negative lateral flow test MUST be registered on the Government website HERE. This will allow entry to the stadium.
There will be a secondary perimeter in place around the stadium to allow for designated checkpoint areas, located as follows:
South Stand Bridge – for supporters in the South Stand, Grandstand or hospitality areas
Leppings Lane Apron – for supporters in the North Stand or West Stand (visiting fans)
South Stand Car Park – for supporters in the South Stand, Grandstand or Kop
Penistone Road – Supporters situated in the Kop or North Stand
Gate 18 – for disabled supporters requiring access through the manned gate
Once you have passed through the checkpoints there will be no return and the usual matchday procedures apply, with no further checking of certification required.
PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY
Given the regulations of Plan B, it is essential that supporters arrive at Hillsborough as early as possible on matchday to ensure sufficient time for the mandatory certification checks. Please be patient and consider those around you at the checkpoints, which will open from 11:45am. Some turnstiles will open earlier than normal at midday. Please do not bring bags unless absolutely necessary, this will aid the flow of supporters into the stadium.
WHICH TURNSTILES OPEN FROM MIDDAY?
North Stand - Leppings Lane checkpoint – turnstiles 1 and 2
South Stand - South Stand Bridge checkpoint – turnstiles 35 and 36
Grandstand - South Stand Bridge checkpoint – turnstile 101
Kop - Penistone Road checkpoint – turnstiles 61 and 62
North - Penistone Road checkpoint - turnstiles 82 and 83
West Stand - Leppings Lane checkpoint – turnstile 20 (away supporters)
All remaining turnstiles will open on a staggered basis.
So you can continue to watch the Owls in a safe manner, it is imperative that you play your part by ensuring you have your valid COVID-19 Pass or proof of certification ready to inspect in advance of matchday.
All supporters attending fixtures at Hillsborough should be conversant with the following key messages:
• Please keep up to date, on a daily basis, with all communications relative to COVID-19
• It is essential you have a valid form of COVID-19 certification in your possession before you leave for the match or you WILL NOT be permitted entry to the stadium
• The best form of certification is the COVID-19 pass if you are double or treble-jabbed. You can download the COVID-19 digital pass using the designated NHS App (please be aware that the registration process can take up to 24 hours). Given the likely event of poor connectivity on matchday, we advise to screenshot their pass in advance to show at the relevant checkpoint. PLEASE BE PREPARED
• You can also gain entry by showing a negative lateral flow test logged on the Government website. Please be aware, a negative stick is not sufficient, your result MUST be logged on the Government website where you will receive either a text message or email confirming the negative test.
• If you do not have the App or cannot use the government website, you must bring a printed NHS COVID Pass supplied by the NHS here
• For the avoidance of doubt, the handwritten medical card supplied at the time of each jab is not sufficient for entry
• Please ensure your pass is easily accessible to ensure efficiency and speed of access when approaching the checkpoints – we advise where possible to take a screenshot of your COVID digital pass.
• Do not rely on wi-fi signal on matchday for downloads as signals are invariably drained given the high volume of traffic and ensure your mobile phone has sufficient battery life, therefore we reiterate that screenshots ahead of arrival will help speed the process.
• Under 18s will not need to certify their Covid-19 status.
• Remember, your certification is essentially as important as your match ticket
TEST BEFORE TRAVEL
Full details on how to obtain a COVID NHS Pass can be found above, but for those who are not yet double vaccinated, you will need to take a lateral flow test within 48 hours of matchday.
If the test returns a negative result, you must register this with the government website and you will receive a text message or email to show your result, this can then be shown at the checkpoint.
If the test returns a positive result, then you MUST NOT attend the fixture and follow the correct procedures as advised by the NHS.
DON’T TRAVEL IF UNWELL
Even if double vaccinated, you SHOULD NOT attend if you, or anybody attending with you, is suffering from COVID-19 symptoms, feels unwell, or is required to self-isolate.
Face masks are now mandatory in all inside areas of Hillsborough, including the concourses, except when eating or drinking. We also strongly advise to wear face coverings in outside areas if applicable to maximise the safety of yourself and others around you.
INSIDE THE GROUND
To incentivise supporters to arrive early we will be offering the following:
Meal Deal for all supporters between 12noon and 2pm:
Pie & Pint £5
Pie & Soft Drink £4.50
We will be showing the early live EPL fixture on the big screen and within the concourse area
Ozzie and Barnie Owl will be walking around the ground greeting fans from 12 noon along with a visit from Father Christmas around the stands.
Supporters should also note that the WednesdayTap and 1867 Lounge will be closing earlier than usual with last orders at 2.30pm.
Once in the ground normal ground regulations apply.
The same rules as above apply and all guests must enter via the South Stand Bridge and pass the checkpoint required before entering via the South Stand reception.
Please watch the following video produced by the NHS regarding the COVID Pass which is very useful
Sheffield Wednesday are committed to ensuring the safety of every supporter entering Hillsborough and will be adhering fully to the Plan B Government regulations.
We ask the same of all our supporters. Please be patient and respectful of our matchday staff, as any kind of abuse will not be tolerated.
We thank all fans in advance for your support in adhering to the Plan B regulations the club must follow.